Thursday, October 23, 2008

Great documentary about the Chicago 10

I caught this documentary last night by accident on PBS. Talk the story of the anti-war demonstrations at the 1968 Democratic National Convention and the trial of the Chicago 10. The trial is recreated in the same animation style as the movie "A Scanner Darkly" and the archival footage of the events are set to a soundtrack featuring Rage Against the Machine and Black Sabbath.

I knew very little of this event and am glad I caught it. And I recommend it highly, no matter what political bent you are.

1 comment:

thepete said...

Damn, another documentary to see! It seems like there's so much to learn right now. I've got three documentaries waiting to be watched (four, as I am acquiring a copy of "Chicago 10" right now) and have watched four more in the past couple weeks. I'm not sure if I'm complaining or not, really. :) I just remember a time when all I watched were fun movies. :P

Thanks for posting about this, though--it looks really cool. It came out in 2007, apparently. It's a shame it didn't get better publicity. Obviously a movie about an important event.