Saturday, September 7, 2013

Deaf Painting, Vultures and La Croix Selzer

Biked down to Venice in the morning. Stopped at the Venice Market and bought an Emotional Balance inhaler from Kokokahn. Smells strongly of rose. Then headed down to the Jetty. Nice cool wind blowing. Read a chapter of "Summerland."

Then headed down to Caspersen. Just stopped for a minute. Noticed a woman painting what I assumed was a landscape painting.

As I biked toward her, I asked, "Can I take a look?" She totally ignored me. I asked her again. No luck at first. Then she pointed at her ears. I assumed she had headphones in. Then I learned she was deaf. So I motioned that I wanted to see her painting. She motioned to go ahead. She hadn't been at it long, but it looked pretty good. So I signed the letters "N-I-C-E." She then said what I gathered to mean she didn't think it was much, or she hadn't been at it long, or something to that effect.

On the way back, I realized that I had started the ride too late to go to the jetty. It was getting really warm. I hoped I wouldn't get burned. When I got back, the pool was cool and refreshing. Read some more "Summerland."

And, oh yeah. I'm down to 248 pounds. AWESOME!

During the day, I picked up the Druid Animal Oracle, got some Chinese food, worked on an admin interface for a client, watched some of Tim Workman's videos, and saw a ton of vultures handing out in the ditch at the end of Olympia.

And after dinner, had La Croix Cran-Raspberry selzer for the first time. Almost tastes like sweetened soda! Going to be drinking this a lot.


No comments: