Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Picked up some great book deals at the South Venice Goodwill Bookstore



I love going to the Goodwill Bookstore in South Venice. Perfect place stop in and spend just a bit of money, but get so much for it. Just about all the hardback books are $2.99, and the newer hardbacks usually $7.99

The End of Sorrow is a three-volume series of commentary on the Bhagavad Gita by the late Eknath Easwaran. I used to own all three copies. I may have given them to my mother. So I was happy to pick up a cheap copy of volume 1.

I got David Sedaris' Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim because I decided I must own every one of his books. BTW, I'm really looking forward to the upcoming movie C.O.G, which was inspired by one of his essays...

I got the two This I Believe books because I am a fan of the NPR segment, and I liked the blurb on the back by the late Daniel Schorr that said "...this forward-thinking compilation serves as a wonderful antidote to the cynicism of the age." I am a fan of anything that fights cynicism.

And I got the book The New Oxford Book of English Verse because I love old books. I love poetry books. And I especially love old poetry books. (And it was only a dollar.)


No comments: