Thursday, September 11, 2008

Giving Drop.io a try

Started to use Drop.io today. Testing the ability to email a video to a drop and embedding that video in this blog. So I took a (bad) cellphone video of my workplace and emailed it. Works pretty well.

Discover Simple, Private Sharing at Drop.io

Here are some other cool things about the service:

- Email Interactivity
- Mobile version
- send voicemail messages
- send stuff via MMS
- fax stuff
- subscribe to an RSS feed
- get update messages via Twitter
- subscribe as a podcast
- download all the contents as a single zip
- embed pieces of content into other sites

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Bill,

Thanks for the write up, very appreciated.

This kind of community support/exposure is really important to us.

Thanks again,
Peter Frasca
vox populi
drop.io

P.S. check this out

Bill Bittner said...

Glad to do it.

(But, I'm afraid, I'm not exactly what you would call a high-traffic site.)

Also, you may have noticed that the other video I posted recently was not done via Drop.io. The video I had was in the flash video format, and when I uploaded it to Drop.io, it only captured 1 second worth of the video.