Thursday, September 4, 2008

Keeping Up the Fight

On a pro-Obama blog, a McCain supporter asked if the Obama supporters were frightened by Gov. Palin's speech. I responded honestly thus...

I’m a major Obama supporter, and I will be 100% honest and say that I am worried. But not that “my candidate” will lose. But that my country will lose. I’ve always liked McCain…when he was moderate. And if he was still the same person he was when he was moderate, I wouldn’t be that worried if he won. But now he’s gotten so right-wing, that I fear many things, including sinking even more money and lives into pointless wars. And I also fear our economy is just going to get worse, unemployment is going to keep rising, and much of the world will flooded over in 20 years.

Much of that speech last night seemed very hateful. And the speakers and the audience looked so afraid. And fear doesn’t make a very good foundation for society. It has lead to some horrible things in the past. And, our founding father’s were aware of the danger. James Madison said…

“If Tyranny and Opression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.”

I had discoverd this blog, and others, after a day of not feeling too hopeful. It encouraged me to see Obama supporters continuing to fight the fight. So it convinced me to at least start to express my views on why I think it's so important that Obama be our next president. So, I plan to do as such on my personal blog, and this one.

So, special thanks to bloggers like Oliver Willis for convincing me to keep up the fight.

No comments: